Sacramental Preparation Series - Parent Guide
Baptism is the beginning of your child’s life of faith. As the primary educators of their children, parents have the privilege and duty of carrying this new son or daughter of God into Christ’s family, the Church. With the priest or deacon, godparents, parish, friends, and family, your baby’s baptism will be a celebration and sign of lifelong love and grace.
Part of the Liguori Sacramental-Preparation
- An overview of sin and salvation
- A short history of baptismal practices and traditions
- The meaning of the sacrament and its symbols
- A step-by-step guide to the rite
- Frequent references to Scripture, the Catechism of the Catholic Church, and other Church documents