A Bible for Today's Catholic Family
There is a growing desire among Catholics to read the Bible and to find inspiration and wisdom for their daily lives. Yet there is no Bible that brings Catholic families and the Bible together. Developed in partnership with the Center for Ministry Development and Our Sunday Visitor, recognized leaders in Catholic youth and family ministry, The Catholic Faith and Family Bible is designed to make the Bible easier to read and understand for the everyday Catholic family, helping parents and children grow in faith together. This message is brought to life through more than a thousand notes and articles such as:
- Act On It!—encourages families to engage in something active that the biblical passage may inspire, such as works of mercy and justice.
- Make the Connection—offers important facts about the Bible and shows how the Bible is relevant to Catholic family life today.
- Meet the People—introduces the main characters of the Bible.
- Pray the Word—offers simple prayers for the family to pray together.
- Take It to Heart—invites families to reflect on a biblical passage and discover God's message for their lives.
Additional features include book introductions, helpful articles and Bible reading plans for the family, parenting tips on how to share scripture with children, cultural and ethnic perspectives on the Catholic faith, inspiring articles written specifically for Catholic teens, and a topical index to help families connect their faith to everyday events.
The Catholic Faith and Family Bible is sure to become a welcome part of your family life and a cherished keepsake for years to come.
The New Revised Standard Version (NRSV) Catholic Edition is fully approved for study by Catholics by the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops, and is recognized in scholarly circles as the most accurate translation to English from the original Hebrew and Greek texts. In the tradition of its predecessors, the King James Version and the Revised Standard Version, the NRSV was designed to be the standard version for English-speaking people across all denominations. The NRSV is the most trusted, most accepted, and most accurate English translation of the Bible available today.